19 June 2011

Changes Are a Coming

Since I am blogging on Father's Day I want to say Happy Father's Day to the love of my life and the father of my children, my husband, Lane.  He has done a great job with our kids and there are many days that all the extra stuff he does goes unappreciated.  As a woman with a CHD, there are days where I am not feeling as well as I should and he does a great job doing his job as dad and even my job as mom.  He has become pretty good at laundry since our laundry is downstairs and I physically cannot haul it up and down the stairs.  Can't wait to move into the new house where the laundry room is upstairs with the bedrooms!

I also want to say Happy Father's Day to my own dad who has overcome lots of challenges in his life, most especially beating cancer 3 yrs ago and getting through a hip replacement just last month.  You have shown that with perseverance, all obstacles can be conquered.

Now onto the rest...

I still can't believe that in less than a week, Lane's military career will be complete.  I've been a part of it for 15 1/2 of the 20 1/2 yrs of military service and it still seems like yesterday that I threw myself into this roller coaster life.  I've been looking forward to the day that it's over but just this past week I was ready to put the breaks on it.  I'm still not quite sure I'm ready for it.  Lane sent me a text message on Thursday letting me know that his career as a military pilot was complete.  They had finished flying the current airplane and there weren't going to be any planes to fly until after his retirement.  As soon as I read the text, I started to cry.  I'm still sad about it.  I didn't think this transition was going to be easy but I never thought it was going to be this hard either.  I feel like I have 2 personalities right now.  The Liene that is jumping up and down for joy that my kids will have the opportunity to stay in one place for more than 3 yrs and that I have a say in my life again and will be near family.  Then there's the Liene that's screaming no at the top of her lungs not sure she wants to give up this nomad lifestyle.  Moving has giving me the opportunity to live in some pretty cool places and some not so cool places and meet some great friends.

The packers come a week from tomorrow to pack up all our belongings and then load them on to the truck to haul up to our new house in Indy.  There's so much to do before then.  We're still weeding through our stuff and reorganizing.  We have to figure out where we're going to pack up the stuff we don't want the movers moving because we are going to do it ourselves.  There's not much but enough to probably fill up the back of my minivan.  I'm thankful my mom is taking the kids back to Indy on Monday so Lane and I can deal with the movers without having kids in the way.  

And I'm finally going to show a photo of our new house.  It's been sitting empty for the past 3 weeks and I didn't want to show it since we weren't living in it yet.  But now, my family is over at the house every day painting and doing stuff I've hired my brother & father's company to do.  The kids love the house and the yard.
The picture was taken in early spring before the leaves started to bloom.  I actually pulled it off the MLS listing when we found the house and wanted to look at it.  We've got some landscaping to do.  There are a number of bushes that we'd like to take out and the lawn likely needs to be treated to keep it pretty.  And I'm hoping I can still plant flowers when I get there to add some color to the landscaping.  Slowly but surely we'll get the house to completely suit our taste.  But it's in a small, quiet neighborhood and the best part is that unlike the neighborhood I'm living in now, the houses have space between them and are not stacked one on top of the other and we have no neighbors behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails