29 December 2009

Walt Disney World - Day 5

Trying to wrap up our trip review.  So here goes with day 5.

In the morning we headed over to the Magic Kingdom.  We were looking forward to it because the weather was so much warmer that day.  We took a few photos of the family in front of the castle and then it was off to Adventureland for a Dole Whip float.  If you haven't had one, it's a must.  I'll have another one in May/June when Lane take our 10 year anniversary make up trip.  What this very yummy concoction contains is fresh pineapple juice and soft serve pineapple ice cream.  As you can see Emi really loved this because she couldn't get enough of it.

We got to ride The Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain.  Eriks originally said he hated Splash Mountain but I think he changed his mind.  Lane and I loved it and we got pretty doggone wet going down the 5 story plunge at the end.  Like I said, thankfully the weather was beautiful and warm that day!  Lane and I took Emi back to the room for naptime and my parents took Eriks over to Epcot for the afternoon.  It was nice that we had a bit of downtime.  After Emi's nap we headed over to Epcot to meet my parents and Eriks.

We had dinner reservations at Biergarten which is almost all the way at the back of World Showcase and the clouds were looking pretty ominous so we hoped to get back there before it started raining.  Thankfully it was only sprinkles but we did get to the restaurant in time. 

The dinner was a buffet full of all sorts of German foods.  The potato leek soup was really good.  I enjoyed almost everything I ate.  There were a few things that just weren't me but I did have a full belly.  My favorite was the Bavarian cheesecake for dessert.  I could've eaten a ton more of that!

During dinner we were entertained by an Oompah band.  They were very entertaining and Lane and I even got up and did a bit of polka!  All that Latvian folk dancing as a kid and young adult came in good use! 

 After dinner we walked the rest of the way around the lagoon checking out the rest of the countries in World Showcase.  My mom and I even stopped to have a frozen Parisian Cosmopolitan from a kiosk in France.  It was absolutely delish.  I could definitely have had a few more but I also wanted to stay sober.

We stayed around and watched the Illuminations fireworks show which is really amazing.  After that we waited forever for a monorail back to the resort.  I think we ot to bed about 12:30. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! It is so awesome to read your recaps because I know now what it is like to be there! I can imagine myself there now. So fun!

    The Biergarten - simply delish!

    We'll set up a play date after the New Year and swap Disney notes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails