23 May 2014

Law School Graduation

I'm sorry it's taken me 2 weeks to post these photos.  I just haven't really been in the mood to blog.  I'm frustrated with myself.  Frustrated with kids.  Frustrated that Lane's having a hard time finding a job after working his butt off for 3 years.  But, enough about that.  I'm thrilled that he accomplished it without incurring any student loans.  So if you're reading this and you know a lawyer, especially an Intellectual Property lawyer pass on the following:

2014 Robert H. McKinney Law School at Indiana University graduate. Dean's List several times.  In top 20-25% of his class.  Hard-working.  Air Force Veteran.  Seeking job in Intellectual Property Law.  Externship at Roche Diagnostics.  Resume available by emailing me, the blogger.

Overall the weekend was super busy but nice.  Lane's graduation happened to fall on our 17th wedding anniversary.  Go figure.  I knew it was just going to be my luck that law school was going to overshadow some other important event in our lives.  But I'm glad that I was giving it up for a good cause.  There were over 300 graduates which Lane told me was if not the biggest, but one of the biggest classes the law school had seen in a long time.  My kids were amazingly well behaved during the approximately 2 hour ceremony.  This completely floored me because we can't even get though 1 hour of church every Sunday.  I was so worried I was going to have whiny, complaining kids on my hands and I wasn't going to get to enjoy it.  I was wrong!  We did have one kiddo that needed a bathroom break 1/2 way through but that I could handle.

After Lane's graduation we headed off to another celebration.  My SIL's mom's 70th birthday had occurred the day before and her 4 kids planned a surprise party in her honor.  It was a nice way to wind down after the hectic day rather than head back to our house to entertain people.  We did have a party for Lane on Mother's Day which was nice, but I didn't any time to relax due to cooking food and keeping our guests happy.  It was OK.  I'll get a do-over sometime soon.  I'm hoping next weekend since last weekend we had a busy weekend and this weekend it's the same scenario.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails