21 July 2011

Catching Up

Moving took me out of the loop for awhile and I'm still not completely unpacked in the new house.  There's still a fair amount to be done and the fact that it feels like 110 degrees outside doesn't help anything.  It's too hot for Eriks and Emi to be outside and they're driving Lane and I crazy because for some reason they just aren't content enough to play in the playroom with all their toys.  That's part of the reason there's more stuff to be done around here than I'd like.  Every 5 minutes I'm being interrupted and distracted.

Anyhow.  The move went fairly smoothly.  Part of my frustration though is in all the times the military has moved us the boxes have been labeled properly.  This time not so much.  Some boxes are labeled properly, others we open to find not what the box says it contains.  We still can't find our silverware, coffee grinder, bakeware and other stuff that we need.  I pray that we find it all soon.  Everyone is adjusting pretty well.  Eriks has found that our neighborhood has lots of boys about his age and with only about 40 homes in the neighborhood, I know he can't be too far away.  He is in heaven having all these kids his age to play with.

Before we left Georgia, Lane had a final physical at a military base a few hours away.  Lucky for us we had friends who were stationed there.  So we made some time to see them too.  My friend Jen, suggested we go to Lane Orchards.  Hands down the best peaches I've ever eaten in my life.  They were to die for good!  We definitely bought some.  We also bought peach wine.  It was a fun little trip with Jen to see the process of how they clean and get the peaches ready for packing.  Plus we did get to see them packing peaches to be delivered out.  The kids also loved the peach ice cream.  It was seriously refreshing on such a hot day.



Look for more posts to come soon as I will be working hard to catch up on everything that's happened in the past 4-6 weeks.  In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can go find my silverware!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails